Welcome New Bulldog Band Students & Parents!
We hope you're excited about joining the Bulldog Band Family! We're excited to have you join us! Below is the letter from our director providing you with important information.
We invite you to join us for our mandatory band booster meeting on Wednesday, July 19th, after the Exhibition.
Click here for the 2017-18 Bulldog Band Handbook
Click here for the 2017 Band Camp Parent Insert
Once again, Welcome to the Bulldog Band Family!
SOUTHEAST RALEIGH MARCHING BULLDOG BAND 2017-18
SUMMER 2017 BAND CAMP LETTER
“The Pyramids of Egypt”
|To:||Returning and New Marching Bulldog Band Members and Parents|
|From:||Clifton E. Scott|
Director of Bands, Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School
2600 Rock Quarry Rd., Raleigh, NC 27610
Band Room: 919-856-2835, Home: 919-217-0274
|Subject:||2017-2018 Season and School Year|
Greetings Bulldog Family,
It is again that time of year that we turn our heads in the direction of Excellence, Expertise and Success. It is again time to kick-off the Annual Event that generates exposure, desire, co-operation and unity. It is Band Camp time. We began this process in December with recruitment information, try outs, auditions, and interviews.
Our 2017 Theme this year is “The Pyramids of Egypt”. It’s going to be a great show, with high music General Effect very similar to our shows of previous years as we journey through the music associated with the Egyptian Culture. Our musical talent will be tested every day, in rehearsals and in performances.
Our Motto this year is simple: “Lead By Example, Not By Accident!”. This Motto helps promote the contributions of each and every member, both student and band booster in making our 2017 Campaign Successful.
*** If you do not play an instrument already or you are only participating in Jazz Band, please contact Mr. Scott immediately. ***
Important information is included in this letter and is also posted to our website.
- Health Form – in order to participate in band activities, this form needs to be returned either prior to camp or by the first day of camp. Health Forms are mandatory, so please make this a priority by mailing them into the school or emailing or faxing this pertinent information.
2017-18 Health Form
- The Financial Responsibility Form will allow you to schedule Fair Share (Student Support), payments or Fund Raising Events for our band students. Band should not be a financial hardship for any student, but a form of support for all, thus the term Fair Share. This is what it costs for our band to operate, through donations, gifts, fund raising and personal contributions.
2017-18 Financial Responsibility Form
- Additional forms to be filled out at Band Camp – Willingness to Serve Volunteer form (WTS), Accessories Form, Payment or Purchase Forms
2017-18 Willingness to Serve Form
2017-18 Accessories Form
Band Payment Form
The Amount of Fair Share for the 2017-2018 year will be $750.00*. Other information is on the Financial Responsibility form. (Check the Bulldogband.net website)
[ Note: New members and incoming Freshman are required to purchase the Accessory Package, containing Marching Band Shoes, Wind Suit and the Band Bag for $130.00. ]
We are requesting that each student pay their initial $100.00 towards Fair Share during the week of Band Camp. This will tremendously assist the band in getting a sound financial start for the year and covers Band Camp Fee (meals, instruction, materials).
Remaining Summer Schedule
|July 11||11:00am||Bulldog Institute Performance - Section Leaders|
|July 12||11:00am||Bulldog Institute Performance - Section Leaders|
|July 12-14||12:00noon-9:00pm||Band Camp|
|July 17-19||12:00noon-9:00pm||Band Camp (ending with exhibition performance at 6:30pm on Weds, 7/19)|
*** Band Camp is REQUIRED OF ALL PARTICIPANTS! Please do not schedule any conflicts with these dates.
|July 12-14, 17-18
Weds, July 19
|5:00||Dress and Warm-up Attire white t-shirts, dark shorts, black shoes|
|6:30||Camp Exhibition-Open to the Public|
|7:00||Band Booster Meeting in Cafeteria|
Committee Sign Ups and Band Fees Collection
Band Students Dinner
On Thursday, July 13 at 7:00pm, there will be a Mandatory New Members' Orientation meeting for new band, colorguard, and managerial staff parents in the SRMHS Chorus Room. Please come out and find out what it takes to keep the Bulldog Band Moving.
On Monday July 17 there will be a Mandatory Senior Parent Meeting at 7:30pm in the Chorus Room. This is a very important meeting for all Senior Band Parents.
Camp Helpful Hints to Get You Ready
- Exercise. Get out and walk to get used to being outside.
70% of band camp takes place outside, so please condition your body for this event.
- Hydrate. Drink plenty of water and drink non-carbonated drinks.
- Eat breakfast each day and allow time for night and morning rest.
Working a summer job and then coming to band camp is a strain on your body.
- Include the following: sun block (for your skin condition), hat to block the sun, clothes that cover the shoulders and midriff. No short shorts please, conservative length. Closed toed shoes, no flip flops or sandals. A good pair of practice sneakers is very important. A lot of our work is athletic related, so attire suitable for working out should be considered.
- Make sure that your instrument is in good working condition.
If you are playing a school instrument, you will need to sign a school contract and take responsibility for the care of this instrument. Contact Mr. Scott about availability.
- We are in need of a few instrument switches, particularly Tenor Saxophone, French Horn and Baritone. Contact Mr. Scott if you are interested in assisting with balancing out our instrumentation.
- Please check our website (bulldogband.net) for updates and sign up for fund raising opportunities. Also please register at the top of the website to receive very important email updates from the Director and the Band Boosters.
Fund Raising Opportunities:
|Venues:||Walnut Creek Amphitheater, PNC Arena, Event One Football Games|
|Sales:||Go-Play-Save City Discount Coupon Books, Home Pizza Kits, Band Bash sponsorship,
Popcorn Palace, Peanut Roaster, Fruit sale, Annual BBQ
Grocery Card purchases, School Link for Grocery Store Purchases, donations.
Fall Tentative Schedule
|19-20||Summer Band 8am-noon|
|20||Colorguard/Percussion Workouts 5:00-7:00, Music Reading Session 6-7|
|22-July5||Mr.Scott on vacation|
|10||Summer Band 8:am-Noon, Pre-Marching Band Camp Workouts 8:00am-Noon |
|11,12||Bulldog Institute Performances Section Leaders 11:00, Wear Old Theme Shirts and Jeans|
|12-14||Band Camp 12:00noon-9:00pm, Mandatory Attendance|
|12-14||Mandatory New Member Meeting 7:00pm, Chorus Room|
|17-19||Band Camp 12:00noon-9:00pm, Mandatory Attendance|
|19||Band Camp 6:30pm Exhibition Performance, 7pm Mandatory Band Booster Meeting|
|24||First day of school|
|25||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|27||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|30||DCI Winston-Salem, 1:00pm Departure|
|1||Band Rehearsal 3-6, Mandatory Band Boosters Meeting 6:00pm|
|3||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|7||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|8||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|9-13||DCI World Championships - Indianapolis, Indiana - Mr. Scott attending|
|15||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|17||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|18||West Cartaret Home Football Game-7:00pm Game time, Early Release Day|
|22||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|24||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|25||Northern Nash Home Football Game-7:00pm Game time|
|26||Saturday Band Camp 8:00am-Noon|
|29||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|5||Band Rehearsal 3-6, Mandatory Band Boosters Meeting 6:00pm|
|7||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|12||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|14||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|16||Marching Band Competition William Byrd High School, Roanoke, VA|
|19||Band Rehearsal 3-6 Fruit Sale Kick-Off, 6:15pm, Auditorium|
|21||Band Rehearsal 3-6|
|27||Fall Camp 8am-Noon|
|28||Fall Camp 8am-Noon|
|29||Broughton Home Football Game-7:00pm Game time|
|30||Marching Band Competition TBD|
|1-8||No band activites, enjoy Fall Break!|
|10||Band Rehearsal 3-6 Mandatory Band Boosters Meeting 6:00pm|
|12||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|14||Marching Band Competition, TBD|
|20||Leesville Rd Home Football Game-7:00pm Game time, Early Release Day|
|21||Marching Band Competition Union Pines Cameron, NC|
|24||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|26||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|28||Final Marching Band Competition TBD|
|7||Mandatory Band Boosters Meeting 6:00pm|
|9||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|12-14||North Carolina Music Educator's Conference, Winston-Salem, Mr. Scott Attends|
|16||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|17||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|18||Raleigh Christmas Parade|
|5||Band Rehearsal 3-6 Mandatory Band Boosters Meeting 6:00pm|
|6||Band Rehearsal 3-5|
|7||Winter Concert 7:00pm|
|18-Jan 2||Christmas Break|
Additional dates will be announced during the spring, summer and fall.
Please check the bulldogband.net website for updates.
|Where: ||Memphis, Nashville-Tennessee|
|Dates: ||June 2018|
We will lock in the dates asap.
Lead By Example, Not By Accident!
Please share this letter with other members who may not be on the email or mailing list.
Director of Instrumental Music
Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School
Contact Mr. Scott:
Band Room: 919-856-2835
Back to Home Page